- 1 lb lamb sausage or good quality keilbasa, cut into big chunks
- 6 small onions, peeled, not chopped or 3 medium, peeled and quartered
- 3 small peppers, assorted, cut into big chunks
- 4 small sweet potatoes, different varieties or 2 big, either way peeled and cut into big chunks ….or one medium butternut squash peeled cut into big chunks.
- 1 can (regular size) stewed tomatoes (or a nice fresh tomato grated plus 2 tbsp tomato paste)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- handful fresh chopped italian parsley
- salt, pepper
put the onions, peppers, sweet potato or squash chunks in the bottom of the crock pot. Put sausage on top, pour tomato over top, sprinkle w salt. Cook on low for ~6 hrs. Turn off crock pot, stir in quinoa and cumin and let sit for around 1/2 hr. just before serving stir in parsley. salt and pepper to taste.