1 huge sweet potato or two real large ones, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 20 or so red cherry/grape tomatoes–chopped in halves or quarters
- corn off of two cobbs (optional)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalepeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cans black beans rinsed
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ~1/2 tsp cumin
- ~3 Tbsp olive oil
Put the potatoes in a pot and just cover with water. Boil until a fork just pierces the cubes. Take off the heat and rinse in a colander with cold water. Combine rinsed potatoes, corn, black beans, onion, jalepeno, in a bowl. Combine lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt in a bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed. Pour lime/oil mixture over the potato/bean mixture, toss in the cilantro and mix gently so potatoes do not get smashed.
Great cold. Left overs can be mashed up a little and put between tortillas with some grated pepper jack cheese and brown in a skillet for a great quesidilla (sp??).