- A lot of spinach—two large bags, or two large bunches, cleaned, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 leeks (cleaned and chopped) or 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 4 or 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp rice (to absorb water in pita)
- 500 g feta (if making spanakotyropita)
Prepare phyllo. Combine spinach, leeks (or onion), dill, eggs and rice. (Feta too if making spanakotyropita).
Place 5 bottom layers of phyllo in pan, spread filling, and put on top 4 layers of phyllo. Slit the top because spinach will release a lot of steam that will balloon pita. Bake for about an hour at 350 until top and bottom is golden.